Volunteers from Faulkner Design Group, Inc. help get Incarnation House ready for its opening in January 2016.
Incarnation House believes that volunteering is essential to our success and the future success of the young people we serve. There are both long-term and short-term opportunities for individuals and groups that range from onetime events to once-a-week needs. In addition to these opportunities that involve direct work with students, there are also needs for administrative and program support that do not require interaction with students.
We believe that each organization and individual has unique skills and resources and we will work with you to find the perfect volunteer opportunity that uses your skills to best serve the students.
Please click on the boxes below to see specific volunteer opportunities, including direct work with students and administrative and program support.
|Tutors (Individual & Group)||Homework, math, GED, SAT, etc.|
|College Prep||Navigate FASFA, grants, find scholarships.
Walk through the process of applying for housing and work study (one-on-one)
|Morning Drop-In||Help serve breakfast and build relationships once a week at our morning Drop-In program that takes place at the High School.|
|Supply Dinners||Bring in prepared dinners homemade or outsourced.|
|Snack/Dinner Prep||Nightly prep for after school snack and meals.|
|Lead Volunteers||Managing or coordinating specific volunteer group (Runners, Dinner Providers, Tutors, Life Skills Classes, etc.)|
|Life Skills Teachers||Budgeting/Bank Accounts, Healthy Eating & Food Prep, Resumes, Job Interviews, License/ID Card, Laundry, Gardening, Sex Ed, Career Planning, College Prep, etc.|
|Mentors||Providing a role model that can support the child academically, socially and/or personally.|
|Sound/Video Studio||Instructors with experience|
|General Program Support||Assisting Case Mangers, Life Skills Classes, Administrative, Just hanging around with the youth|
|Planners or Chaperones for Enrichment Activities||One-day field trips to cultural events, educational events, recreational, college campuses, etc.|
|Cleaners||Daily upkeep of our drop-in center|
- Have the best interest of the students as a priority and have the desire to make a difference in the lives of incredible young people.
- We ask that volunteers seeking to work individually with the students be 18 years of age or older.
- Attend volunteer training. There are 2 volunteer training sessions a year.
- Be able to pass a national and state background check.
- For long-term volunteers (mentors, tutors, etc.…) we ask that you make a year-long commitment. Consistency is vital to the development of these students.
- Complete Application
- Pass Background Check
- Attend Volunteer Training
- Get Placed
- Once a month check-in (Long-term volunteers only)